We talked about this on our show today and we had readers that wanted to know more details.
Here are the facts about Almond “Milk”
- An ounce of almonds contains 6 grams of protein 3 grams of fiber 12 grams of fat.
- An 8 ounce serving of Almond “Milk” has 1 gram protein and fiber and 5 grams of fat.
- Almond milk is filtered water and a handful of ground almonds it says so right on the label.
- Many Almond “Milk” products claim to have more calcium than milk… How? When an ounce of almonds contains 74mg of calcium vs 490mg in a cup of cow’s milk? Back to the labels we go to see that they add a “vitamin and mineral” blend.
- Where do these vitamins and minerals come from (not to mention the other additives on the labels)?
- Wouldn’t it be healthier to have a naturally wholesome glass of cow’s milk that is NATURALLY full of the vitamins that your body needs?
It seems to me that Almond “Milk” just isn’t all it’s promoted to be!
Be concerned consumers and please, do your research.